Translate

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Distress Oxide Fun! - Make it Crafty

Hi everyone :)

I had so much fun creating this card I couldn't wait to show you, it's not perfect but I thoroughly enjoyed making it.
I purchased some of the new Tim Holtz distressed oxide and started to create some colourful backgrounds, when I finished this one I knew I had to make a card with some sort of silhouette image on it, so off to the Make it Crafty store to look for a stamp or two :) I found 'Tree of Love rubber stamp' and 'Petals & Palings rubber stamp' , after I stamped them I had to colour black with a black pencil to achieve the silhouette effect and here it is!




I thought making it a shaker card would be fun and add a bit of interest to it. I coloured a Hello Chippy  with fired brick distress oxide and Black 100 copic marker, stamped the 'sunshine' word on a piece of card left over from cropping the background to add to the card.
To make the background I used Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distressed Oxide and 3 sponges to blend the colours together then squirted some water on it to achieve the splattered look.
I hope you get inspired to create something new today :)

 Andrea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment